There are several top information sharing tools in the internet. I will give you the pros & cons of each site in order to have a clear view what is the usage of each site in the information sharing terms.
Advantages of Dropbox:
- 2GB free (only signup required)
- Has its own folder within Windows Explorer or the Macintosh Finder so you can easily drag-and-drop files and folders into the 'Dropbox' folder
- Continues to synchronise files even if you modify them
- Allows you to recover deleted files and folders via the Dropbox website
- Allows you to make specific files and folders public via the 'Public' folder; upload screenshots, etc
- Allows you to upload and download files and folders via the Dropbox website at any time
- Low cost paid plans starting at $9.99 per month (can be purchased in the UK too) for 50GB of space. And you can upgrade your plan to a maximum 100GB space (if you require more storage you'll need to contact Dropbox about it for a bigger plan).
- Available on Windows, Mac OS X and Linux (apps are also available for iOS, Android and BlackBerry).
Disadvantages to Dropbox:
- Microsoft's Windows Live SkyDrive offers 25GB of storage versus Dropbox's 2GB of storage.
- The service provider did not responsible if any information leaks through the storage system.
2. Social Networking
We all being shocked by earth quake in Aceh recently. The earth quake happened in 5pm (local time) but before 7pm (local time) most Malaysian who has FB,Twitter & other social networks has being alert about the earth quake and potential Tsunami that can hit west Malaysia especially Penang, Langkawi. This news spread fast via social networks, without those social networks it is impossible Malaysia can be alerted about the earth quake because prime news in Malaysia only on air in 8pm.